Those of you who want to visit the beautiful paradise of St. Lucia are in for a wonderful experience. St. Lucia is a lovely island with enough to see and do. If you want to make the most of your trip, you need to rent a car to move around the island. Renting a car in St. Lucia is unquestionably the best way to see the island. Here are a few car rental rules in Saint Lucia that you should be aware of.
Car Rental Rules in Saint Lucia
Following are some of the car rental rules that you should follow in Saint Lucia
· To rent a car from a rental agency, you must be at least 25 years old and have at least two to three years of driving experience.
· A foreign national must have an International Driving Permit or a temporary local permit to rent and drive a car in St. Lucia.
· The International Driving Permit is stamped at one of the two airports' immigration counters. If you do not have one, a temporary local permit can be issued at the airport's immigration counter, any local police station, or through the car rental business.
· The renter and all permitted drivers must have held a full, legal driver's license for at least three years.
· When providing a valid driver's license, a local driver's license is necessary and can be issued at the time of rental.
· There is no need for a local driver's permit if the renter has an International Driver's License.
· Driving licenses written in non-Roman alphabets (Arabic, Japanese, Cyrillic, and so on) must be accompanied by an international driving license.
· At the time of pick-up, you should present a valid driver's license and identity card/passport!
· To confirm the reservation and make a deposit, a credit card (VISA, American Express, Mastercard, or other foreign cards) is often required. This deposit is defined by the car rental agency and the type of car being rented.
· Rentals are typically available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The renter will be charged for any additional days beyond those agreed upon and paid for.
· Car insurance is required and might even take several forms. You will most likely be covered if you already have personal auto insurance or a credit card.
· If you do not have insurance then car rental companies provide additional or optional damage car rental insurance.
· The cancellation policy is determined by the company. Typically, one week's notice is required to secure a complete refund, and less than one week's notice may result in a two-day rental cost. Again, this is decided by the company's policy.
These are some of the rules for renting a car in Saint Lucia. There are several car rental businesses to pick from. Some are based near the airport, a few in Soufriere and the others are in and around Castries and other popular spots like Rodney Bay. Keep in mind that many car rental businesses will bring a car to you at times with no extra charges (depending on the car rental company you choose). They may be able to meet you at the UVF airport to drop off the vehicle when you arrive. When your journey is finished, you may return the vehicle to the airport.